Friday, June 23, 2006

HAIRCUT LIKE I GOT SHOT IN THE FACE

12-hours at the office. Get home and there's a note from Hugh Jueveier, he's meeting the Devil Dan U. at Mercer & Barrow.

I have no cash, so I run a tab. We drink. I've never seen Saranatha before, but she says she's been working there since the place opened. And she's married, so "no funny stuff." I hate it when they're married before you even meet them — it hardly seems fair. There's other business there. There's Whiteballs, who's got scoliosis to die for until she opens her mouth. There's Sorethumb, who never comes in. There's Pairofpairs. There's some sort of Pool party in the back room.

Hugh Jueveier, the Devil Dan U. and I talk about all the things that need talking about. Sports, love, work and the job.

I Only Have Eyes For You plays on the stereo.

Life starts vibrating on the fiction frequency again. Strangers at the bar are singing along. I realise that I'm one of them.

Two dudes walk in with Marta behind them. The odds against seeing my downstairs neighbors without some sort of manharem will get you big jackpots in Vegas. Whatever, it's nice to see one of them and have an actual conversation. I can't believe how much she reminds me of Michelle. That just makes me wish I was more social. More neighborly.

Maybe I will be. We'll see whay happens when Hugh moves out and the three of us are spread. Marta and her boys leave. Devil Dan U. goes home. Hugh and I go back and listen to some rough justice. It's really rough, but I think the next album will be good.

I was going to do some comics work. I was going to read some comics, too. I was going to shave and cut this hair before I turn into Knightrider. Instead I passed out and now I'm back in the office.

This is why things don't get done.

10 Comments:

Blogger Marcos Perez said...

Saranatha!!? you've seen her before, fool. im 99% sure you made comments once. but that coulda been a year ago.

Ben Babies

11:43 AM  
Blogger Marcos Perez said...

I am officially pro no wimmins thursday.

we get together as men do and flirt with the married bartender. no danger!

this is not a job for ben babies!

we invite randy too for shorts.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Justin J. Fox said...

I couldn't remember if her name was Sarah or Samatha, so Saranatha. I've never seen her. If I did, it was another lifetime ago. A lifetime I don't recall.

And it's Beddin Babies. Ben Babies makes no sense. Beddin Babies was the whole joke. Or was I laughing at something else the whole night?

2:03 PM  
Blogger Marcos Perez said...

the joke was ben babies agent 117

2:14 PM  
Blogger Justin J. Fox said...

We definitely need to get together as men do. No Wimmins Thrustday it is.

Also, yes. Randy. Need to bring in the Randy.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Justin J. Fox said...

Well, I was laughing at something else entirely then. I could have sworn it was Beddin Babies Agent Double One Seven.

I don't get Ben Babies.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Justin J. Fox said...

Well, I was laughing at something else entirely then. I could have sworn it was Beddin Babies Agent Double One Seven.

I don't get Ben Babies.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Marcos Perez said...

thats why is funny!

my name is babies

BEN BABIES!

3:15 PM  
Blogger Justin J. Fox said...

I was laughing at him saving the world from volcano pheremone villains and then bedding babies.

We all go out have conversations with each other and then find out it was all a lie the next morning.

It's like getting really drunk, taking a woman home and then finding out you're not as pretty in the morning.

4:26 PM  
Blogger Askinstoo said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping. Just go to the site below
and put in your zip to see what's available in your area.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker