Wednesday, June 28, 2006

HOKE V. DUMB

Shawn Hoke writes about the most recent issue of The Ganzfeld over in his Past the Front Racks column. He also talks a bit about the last Comics Journal message board thread I read. It was so mind-fuckingly frustrating a thread, that I haven't been back since. Hoke's take on it is more measured than mine.

Personally, I found The Ganzfeld to be a bit uneven, but really liked the parts I liked. Spurgeon mentioned incredibly Nadel's specific taste as driving his editorialship of Art Out of Time and you can see that in the Ganzfeld. It's all just what he likes, and where you'll like the book is where your tastes overlap. Me? I'd buy it again just for the John Dunn desk calendars should anything ever happen to my copy.

8 Comments:

Blogger Marcos Perez said...

nadels blog has an interesting thing about his problems with diamond.

http://comicscomicsmag.blogspot.com/

5:29 PM  
Blogger Justin J. Fox said...

I check!

5:35 PM  
Blogger Justin J. Fox said...

Thanks for that. I've added him to regular readings.

5:40 PM  
Blogger Kenneth Belasco said...

I'm about to draw a Spider-man fill-in or get off the pot.
Too bad I hate Spidermon with a passion.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Justin J. Fox said...

You could do the first half of a two-parter! In the first half, someone cool beats the crap out of Spider-Man. Regular artist returns for the second part.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Justin J. Fox said...

Wait! For "someone cool," you should substitute yourself!

Dharmanaught crushes Spider-Man with subtle magicks and eliptical thiking.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Justin J. Fox said...

Actually, now I really want to see Kenneth Belasco's Spider-Man...

10:37 AM  
Blogger Marcos Perez said...

i make forum posts!

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker