Tuesday, June 13, 2006

NEBULA ALU BEN

As my thoughts start moving into next year's convention scene, I looked up the Heroes Con in Charlotte, NC details on the advice of Ben T. Steckler. This is what their site says:

Artists Alley prices are as follows:
Regular Space: $50. This is the most inexpensive way to appear in Artists Alley--it includes 1/2 of a 6' table and one chair.

Small Press Table: $100. This includes a full 6' table and three chairs--suggested for those appearing with items to sell or promote, or for 2-3 people appearing together.

Indy Press Booth: $250. This is a full 10' x 10' booth--the same size as dealers receive, but at half the price! It includes 2 8' tables, and four chairs.

The preregistration price for a table at MoCCA in 2007 is $275 dollars. Even if Heroes Con prices go up next year, it might be interesting to check out the NC scene. I think J. Chris Campell and Chris Pitzer are the organizers of Heroes Con's artists alley.

It's a thought.

It's probably common knowledge, but if it's not, then you didn't hear it from me. But the next FF movie (was the first any good?) is Fantastic Four and the Silver Surfer.

10 Comments:

Blogger Marcos Perez said...

i think heroes soounds fun.
been thinking if i do a more mainstream type con I might get comixpress (waaayyy in advance) to do a little perfect bound carl book. there prices are about 2.97 per. sell em for 6, and while its more than the minis, i think people who are mini-a-phobes might go for it.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Justin J. Fox said...

That's an idea. Publisher's Weekly said the mood of MoCCA was "books." And I'd agree.

A number of people asked me why my comics weren't in book form...

I say, "Why aren't YOU in book form?"

No wonder my sales were down.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Marcos Perez said...

it seems more book oriented. its like the early 90's when every "alternative" band was getting deals.

I think if u have enough, like with the sp story, it might make sense. I dunno. in the end mini comics are only a part of the mocca thing. It's more about debut books and debut publishers,
i dunno, again we sat next to a dude working on a Dc book with Lethem, across from a girl who went from a xeric to henry holt in zero to sixty, across from a grammy-winning designer, publisher and in front of a dude with more books at more publishers than almost anyone.

maybe this explains the somewhat increase in more deluxe packaging from mini/self-pub people. its a flashy environment. perhaps a nice little 'pro" looking thing will catch the eye better than xeroxes. on the other hand you could go paping and make them more unique and iindividuals,

i do like the idea of not making envelopes anymore. ill order a proof of carl and see how it looks. i think at a heroes or ny con it would defineetely sell better. TM will stay the individuals. I wanna have fun with each issue and do it any ways i like, I like the immediacy of xeroxes for fresh finishes. Wont have the prob with the carl cuz there is no rush.

only the chapman girl asked me why they werent in book form. still, that was one more than i've ever heard before.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Marcos Perez said...

yeah, man. let's do Heroes con. i know its close to the other one but its cheap. id like to try it out

3:40 PM  
Blogger Marcos Perez said...

next year , i mean

3:41 PM  
Blogger Justin J. Fox said...

Well, this year is sold out and I can't get away from work anyway. Next year is the definite.

Speaking of not getting away, nudder long night tonight at office and then I might be working Saturday! Whoo-hoo!

I have no desire to big book it anytime soon, but I do think I might be deluxin' it ups. I'm SO fuckin' in love with that Paping I fuckin' slept with it last night.

4:59 PM  
Blogger Justin J. Fox said...

Fuckin'

4:59 PM  
Blogger Marcos Perez said...

late nights. perhaps i cancel poker with neil. just go to bar.

you go deluxe i go mainstreams.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Marcos Perez said...

sucks about saturday. you suave friday or evelyn?
neil be around tomorrows night 2 i think.

5:31 PM  
Blogger Justin J. Fox said...

fuckin'
I'll take hellz for recordings. Butt I'm in all the waze. Thrust-Sun is Suave in the bum.

I think I want to make my stuff impossible to collect. That's my antilife equation for today.

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker