Wednesday, August 02, 2006

ERSTWHILE FRIENDS

Now I know how DOOM! must have felt.

Me, Marcos and Kenny have started going the outs on Thursday nights. It's our big gay night. We sit, we drink, we speak as men do. Nerd men. Marcos wanted to change the date to Wednesday this week.

I threw a mokeywrench into the plans because I had to feed some cats. But, I said I would be there at 10 instead of the usual 9. But I would rush, and try to get there sooner.

Did I get there sooner? 9:40. It would have beeen even sooner, but NJ Transit was running all trains slower to conserve electricity. They were running extremely slow. Also, leaving the office early didn't help at all. I got to NY Penn at 5:40. The next train was at 6:18. I didn't get to Bloomfield, NJ until after 7:30. Then I did cat business. Then I waited for the next Newark City Subway train (Newark's Best Kept Secret — actual slogan). The wait was long, the ride was longer. At Newark Penn, I then waited for the PATH. And waited. Then the PATH came and I took that particularly slow ride. When I got to Grove St, I called Marcos ($1 for his long distance) and dude wasn't hangin' with Kenny, dude was home and didn't want to go out. I figured Kenny was going to some standup comedy dealy he threatened us with when he felt our plans weren't concrete enough. That was the last I heard from him.

So, here I am. Home. The temperature is finally down to 89º (only feels like 98º!). I did all the above when it was hotter. I raced. I could have gone out with some other friends for drinks, but I turned them down. I could have stayed in Bloomfield and gotten lapdances all night at one of there two Go Go Bars. I could have treated myself to a fat onkin' steak somewhere when the hour was decent. But no. I raced through the very heat of Hell to be with my friends. Only to get stood up like I had been by so many women. So many.

I feel like a chump. Like Reed Richards and Namor and Tony Stark and flippin' Rama-Tut are just lounging around the Negative Zone, chuckling to themselves and I'm shaking my fist in the wind, wondering where it all went wrong.

6 Comments:

Blogger Marcos Perez said...

did you go bald too and now swear revenge?

12:20 PM  
Blogger Justin J. Fox said...

WAit till you see me facemask. WAIT!

12:57 PM  
Blogger Marcos Perez said...

is doom irish?

1:10 PM  
Blogger Justin J. Fox said...

Rules McO'Latveria with an iron guiness.

1:50 PM  
Blogger Kenneth Belasco said...

I was waiting for a call, I never got one!
Turns out the show was a nine not seven 'terty,
I was not gonna wait in a bar for an hour!

2:45 PM  
Blogger Justin J. Fox said...

The last I heard was you saying you were doing comedy.

The bar was airconditioned and alcohol full. I would've rather been there than anywhere else. And was. After posting, I drank it in.

If I knew you were waiting, I would've called.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker