Friday, September 22, 2006

MORE LIST!

You know what song isn't making the LIST? Whatever the hell song my neighbors are playing right now. It's like one half of Nelson, or Half Nelson, high on the fumes.

As I went through the iTunes library, listed in album title order, I learned three things:

1. 3-Way Tie For Last has so many great songs!
2. 3-Feet High and Rising is a better album than collection of individual tunes. But it does remind me how great other people's songs are.
3. Blur's 13 is an interesting album that I've never really sat and listened to.
3.5. I might need to actually sit and listen to a number of albums I've just let play watson to my sherlock in the past.
4. I may need help with weeding. What are the best Germs, Uncle Tupelo and 50-ft Wave songs I should consider? Any of them?
5. Distinctiveness of song is more important than distictiveness of artist. This goes
back to the context rule. Einsturzende Neubauten and Magnetic Fields, you may be looking at shut outs.

Here's more songs:

86. One (Extended Version) Metallica ...and Justice for All

I miss awesome Metallica.

87. The Magic Number De La Soul 3 Feet High And Rising
88. Me Myself And I De La Soul 3 Feet High And Rising
89. The Price of Paradise Minutemen 3-Way Tie (For Last)
90. Lost Minutemen 3-Way Tie (For Last)
91. The Big Stick Minutemen 3-Way Tie (For Last)
92. Courage Minutemen 3-Way Tie (For Last)
93. The Red and the Black Minutemen 3-Way Tie (For Last)
94. No One Minutemen 3-Way Tie (For Last)
95. Ack Ack Ack Minutemen 3-Way Tie (For Last)
96. Situations At Hand Minutemen 3-Way Tie (For Last)

There's gonna be a LOT of Minutemen when it's said and dunst.

97. Nowhere to Run, Nowhere to Hide Gravediggaz 6 Feet Deep
98. 2 Cups of Blood Gravediggaz 6 Feet Deep
99. Blood Brothers Gravediggaz 6 Feet Deep
100. 1-800 Suicide Gravediggaz 6 Feet Deep
101. Diary of a Madman Gravediggaz 6 Feet Deep
102. Bang Your Head Gravediggaz 6 Feet Deep
103. Deathtrap Gravediggaz 6 Feet Deep

I actually think Gravediggaz are in the canon-fodder position, and will thin out once I make my way further down the list.

104. Electronic Performers AIR 10,000 Hz Legend
105. How Does It Make You Feel? AIR 10,000 Hz Legend
106. Don't Be Light AIR 10,000 Hz Legend
107. Toms's Diner D.N.A.(feat. Suzanne Vega) 12" EP

YES!

108. Coffee & TV Blur 13

It's a cool album, but milk carton video wins!

109. Ring Of Fire Johnny Cash 16 Biggest Hits

The rest of the Cash comes later.

110. Mr. Big Stuff (Remix) Heavy D & The Boyz 20th Century Masters - The Millenium Collection: The Best of Heavy D & The Boyz
111. Chunky but Funky (Remix) Heavy D & The Boyz 20th Century Masters - The Millenium Collection: The Best of Heavy D & The Boyz
112. Gyrlz, They Love Me Heavy D & The Boyz 20th Century Masters - The Millenium Collection: The Best of Heavy D & The Boyz

You don't know how much you love Heavy D. until you are reminded. And then you know! And then you need to be reminded again. Every once in a while.

113. Do Me! Bell Biv DeVoe 20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best of Bel Biv DeVoe

Sure, anyone can be a 20th-Century Master. My silver disc is on its way. But. BUT. Do — do me baby. What's not to love?

The Rules.

Songs 1-85.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker