Saturday, September 16, 2006

ON WRITHING

So, I was wrapping birthday presents on Thursday. Not my favorite activity. As anyone who's recieved a gift from me can attest, my distaste for the activity really shows in my work.

Anyway, I was wrapping a somewhat irregular item and imagined the recipient looking at it and asking what it was.

"Air car."

It's what I thought. Really. Then I thought, "Driving My Air Car Through a Strange French Future."

I know I'm supposed to be working on the current book, and then progressing into my Ellisperiment, but that phrase just stuck in my head like a barbed rail spike.

Anyway, ten pages of thumbs cranked out. I think it should be 48 for the Frenchies. Honestly, I don't think it will be hard to thumb 48. The thing writes itself. When in doubt about the story, just go back to "Driving My Air Car Through a Strange French Future."

This is where ideas come from. The project that wins placement in the next issue is the one that is fittest. "Air Car" is damn fit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker