Monday, November 06, 2006

ALRIGHT

So, I decided to start inking. I'm not 100% sold on the idea of chopping the first book in near-halves, but it certainly feels great to be inking. The pencilling is veryveryvery labor intensive (not that it will show), but when I'm inking, I've got most of the problems solved and I can just let the inks fly.

And I'm ok with it. I think I could've overcome the exhaustion and work-related time constraints a little easier if I didn't start getting that feeling that all the pencils were for naughts. The good news is that the inks are sitting right on that line between what I want it to look like and what I'm actually capable of doing. So, now I feel good, sort of like how I was feeling a week or two ago.

I'm about 1/3 of the way through inking page 3, which is also nice. It's ahead of my 15-page slow schedule (only one schedule this time; my calendar is getting confusing).

I'm looking at it, and I think it can work in black and white. I'm going to run some color tests, because I have some very specific ideas of what I'd like to accomplish. We'll see. I think it can look very nice in color, if what I want to do works. I definitely don't want there to be color just for the sake of adding color. It needs to be there for a reason. If it works, it will add several new layers to the book. It could take forever though, and I'm finding the idea of finishing next week alluring...

2 Comments:

Blogger Marcos Perez said...

im pro doing a page, full ons, at a time.
long breaks for scanning, pooters and drawing can f with that muscle memory, and im now convinced, slow the inking learning curve.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Justin J. Fox said...

Yeah, I needed to make sure I was nailing the pencils first. Make sure I could do everything I wanted to do. I din't want tihis to be another false-start production.

Right now, it's going to be a blend of stages. If work slows down again (like today!), I should be able to start my color tests while I'm inking and then hit pencils again... next week.

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker