Monday, November 27, 2006

THE FATE OF THE BLOGGER

or: IMMORTALITY ISN'T FOR THE INTERNET

Jog, whose face I know for my Death Note, points out that Eddie Campbell is now blogging.

For the both of you reading this that don't know who Eddie Campbell is (Hi Aubrey! Hi Jude!), he is one of the two greatest living cartoonists in the world (the other is Gilbert "Beto" Hernandez), with his sublime Alec/biographical books and his great Bacchus books. He was also the artist on From Hell, which was a great comic that got turned into an awful movie. He also inspired me to drink a lot of wine — I mean, he also inspired me to appreciate great wine. He is also one of the great storytellers of our modern era. He is also one of the best writers about comics and cartooning. He is also a very handsome man.

He's everything I want to be when I all grows up. I'm sure he'll even be a great blogger. Oh, look, he is.

And he really makes me want that new edition of From Hell. Unless that line about Alan Moore ISN'T a joke. Then I want THAT one. Or both.

Now I have to print some of my own comics, for the poor fellows at Comic Relief, on the same crappy printer I've been using from the start.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

speaking of crap printers. im updating to a laser jet next week! ill let you know how it goes.


and if hes everything you want to be you better watch out for the kids and wife!

11:36 AM  
Blogger Justin J. Fox said...

That is why I will always fail.

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker