Sunday, November 05, 2006

POST-DELAY (NOT TOM)

So, exhaustion and the dayjob have conspired to slow my production down considerably. I'm in the process of finishing the pencils of Page 19, which actually puts me on the Slow Schedule, but the disparity between where the faster schedules would have me and where the Slow Schedule has me is growing exponentially.

I could still catch up with the Fast Schedule. I just need to get up through Page 23. But it's looking like the Ultra Schedule is now out of grasp.

But I'm having a thought.

No, it's not to bag the whole thing. I'm thinking about stopping. Stopping the pencils for a bit. Flex my other, more atrophied muscles. I was looking at the pages, and Page 15 would actually make a nice chapter break. Instead of having a 36-page first chapter with an obvious break in the middle, I could release this as a 15-page first chapter and an 18-page second chapter (one I'm already 4 pages into its pencils).

This appeals to me. First of all, it means hittin' ink that much faster. And then hittin' puters faster. And then getting the book out faster. The Ultra Schedule had me getting the book done just in time for New Year, but I'd need to pencil 12 more pages tonight. And that's not going to happen. The slow schedule has me finishing the book in the middle of FEBRUARY. Oyyyyyyyyy...

BUT, the slowest schedule I've devised has me finishing the 15-page chapter by mid-December. And THEN I could concievably have the NEXT chapter done for mid-February. Putting me on a bi-monthly release schedule! But I don't want to get too far ahead of mice elf.

I'm going to have some dinner and ponder.

2 Comments:

Blogger Askinstoo said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

10:18 AM  
Blogger Askinstoo said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker