Thursday, December 21, 2006

PUT YOUR FINGER IN THE RECORD

if you feel a little lonely.

Suave reunited at last! The Suaveys got together tonight to listen to and work on the new album (two freakin' years in the makings). Mostly we worked on the freshest of beats. Normally, I wouldn't have much to do in this phase, but I plunked some ivories and tested some lyrics I penned a couple nights ago.

No other work was to be done.

We also listened to some of the new Nas... that Edward G. Robinson song is just wrong. On other tracks Nas declares that Hip Hop is dead and tries to prove it. He asks, "Who killed it?" You did, Nas. You did. He asks, "When's the last time you heard a real anthem?" And he responds, "Nas. The millionaire. The mansion." On Black Republicans, he and Jay-Z team up Heat-style. Two guys who shoulda stayed away from the shower, because they're both sounding washed up. Actually, it's not that bad a track. Imagine if it came out 10 years ago, though. "Standin on the rooftops of buildings. Whirlwind of beef, I inhale it." Wha hoppen?

Oh, and we listened to the Ol' Dirty mixtape. Some of it is pretty great. Some of it ain't.

We did not listen to More Fish. Fishscale was so good, but I'm afraid of an album's worth of tracks that didn't make the cut. Wait. We did listen to the Amy Winehouse song Ghostface raps over. That was pretty good.

Bed early tonight. I feel like I didn't get the proper rests tonight. I should've slept in the park like I almost did. It seemed like a good idea at the time. Seems like a good idea now, too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kenneth Belasco said...

I can't breath today from all the smoke. I don't know how may recording sessions I can take!

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker