Sunday, May 20, 2007

LATE

Well, it's about 2:30 in the AM. I decided not to start scanning for the neighbors' sake. At this time of night, it seems a lot louder to me. I don't know why I'm concerned. This afternoon I had to listen to the dad begging his kid to stop crying or tell him why he always is. Clearly, he hasn't yet learned the "I'll give you something to cry about" technique. Adults, these days.
____________________________________

Been watching MI:5, which was Spooks in the U.K. I think they had to re-title it because David Kelly had a very short-lived Spooks show on the same time in the U.S. Of course, they may have retitled it because Spooks is an awfulawfulawful name. It sounds like a 90-00s Leslie Neilsen movie parody.

It's decent. Sort of like Sandbaggers but ER-Nikita-24ed up for slightly sexy slightly sci-fi action. And the first series has that feeling that it all takes place in the same week, with a new terrorist threat every day. Whew! None of the actors are superb, and the insider politicking is a little light. But it's okay, and they get some guest stars that make my nerd squeal like piggy: Chris 'Finchy' Finch, Giles, House... I half expect to turn on the next episode to see that other British guy who is funny. You know the one.
____________________________________

One thing I did watch that was pretty funny was Joe Rogan: Live. Like Street Fight, this is some sort of Netflix co-production. I am an unrepentant fan of Newsradio, but didn't know Rogan was a standup until sometime after it went off the air. Good friend Josh Marcus was staying over the High St. place one night and wanted to play this tape he had of some standup. Turned out, it was Rogan. He did this one bit about weight-lifters trying to get their asses as tight as possible that still has me rolling on the floor thinking about it. Unfortunately, that bit wasn't on this live set, as it features more recent material. It's pretty great material, nonetheless, and definitely represents his stage dive into weed and psychedelics. It's pretty familiar stuff, but he his blistering take on traditional comic fodder is worth seeing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker