Wednesday, August 01, 2007

36 HOURS

11:24 AM

36 hours without a cigarette. 84 hours without a drink. 60 hours since I ate out.

I'm in this new hyper-reality of incredibly long hours and a sort of ADD zombie focus. It's like I've got an incredibly wide lens affixed to my face and my peripheral vision is over-stimulated. Then my brain shuts off for what seems like a couple hours until it's startled awake and I realize it's only been a minute or two. Also, I woke up at 7 AM and felt normal — that hasn't happened since highschool. Freshman year.

The pain hasn't been too bad. The nausea was pretty brief (and more stress-related, I think). Mostly, I need to stop thinking about it. Where's the Id shut-off valve?

I need to make a few trips to Commerce Bank over the next few days and exchange coin for cashbucks. Apparently, they do it no fee. I need to turn $152.87 of metal into paper, then deposit that into mine own bank just to make rent and phone bill. All remaining coin needs to stretch until the 15th.

Then I'm in the clear. 36.5 hours without a cigarette...

2 Comments:

Blogger Marcos Perez said...

is this monies related quitting?

damns you broke!

i can give you half mocca money, rather than waiting till spx to break evens.

what was it 325?

so 162.50...

3:15 PM  
Blogger Justin J. Fox said...

Nah, thanks, though. It was spendin' did me in, is all.

I've got something like $200+ in coins. I just have to turn them in before paying rent. And, you know Boris.

But I was going to cut down anyway. And was down to 15 cigarettes on Sunday. This will be better.

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker