Friday, October 26, 2007

I THINK THERE FORE WADS

I THINK page 3 is actually done. Full-page splash for ketchups! That's April now. I'm trying to decide if I should detail the DJ booth or not... We'll see when I get it up on the internet!

I finally bought an AMES guide, forgetting that pages 3-4 don't have traditional lettering. Oops. Well, maybe I'll get to use it on Sunday. Or sometime next week.

I have a piece about OTHER PROPLE's comics that I've been working out in my brains. It's been a while sine I've written about someone else's work. BEST OF 2006, maybe? It will cover some books from both MoCCA and SPX. All minis, baby.

I watched The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the Eighth Dimension again. Didn't we used to think that movie was really confusing when we were kids? Imagine a sci-fi/super hero movie these days with as straight-forward a plot. And what a CAST!
Peter Weller! John Lithgow! Ellen Barkin! Jeff Goldblum! Christopher Lloyd as John Bigboote (Big Boo-TAY!) Clancy Brown! Carl Lumbly! Vincent Schiavelli! Dan Hedaya! Yakov Smirnoff! Deleted Jamie Lee Curtis! It takes place mostly in New Jersey! It's like a movie made just for me.

I think once I've got a few pages from #10 in, I'll finally finish that How Did This Happen panel.

I've also started something else, but it's something I can do at work and shouldn't detract from main projects. I might talk about it more when I know I'm stivking with it.

ALSO, I'm still trying to work out another book I hope to have ready for MoCCA. We'll see!

Okay, now for a little Big Trouble in Little China (I'VE NEVER SEEN IT!)

4 Comments:

Blogger Kenneth Belasco said...

I love The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the Eighth Dimension and Big Trouble in Little China. But that doesn't mean you will. I would top it off with The Golden Child if I were you.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Marcos Perez said...

HAH

like some kind of crazy sundae.

i love big trouble.

perhaps golden child on a sunday

12:27 PM  
Blogger Justin J. Fox said...

I enjoy Buckaroo Banzai everytime I watch it, but this was the first time I watched all the way through since the first time.

Halfway through Big Trouble, and it's great. I think it might be Carpenter's fastest paced movie. I was all, "Man, this movie is kinda slow... WHAT? it's halfway over! Fastest movie EVER!"

Golden Child, maybe one day. It's okay, but I never liked it as much as other people. Also, I last saw it fairly recently.

Looks like I go 90s with Boxing Helena and Jacob's Ladder! Also, I still have The Host to watch.

Then Liquid Sky! A movie I never heard of before reading some of the bonus features on Banzai.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Marcos Perez said...

the host has funny bits,

but its not as extremes as i hoped.

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker