Monday, November 26, 2007

BETTER PUSHIN' FOR A BIGGER CUSHION

Sent to myself from work via email.

14 pages of EMAW 10 done in about 42 days. That's got me on target
for 50 pages on March 14. I'd love to push that up a bit, but we'll
see if it's even possible. I expect to finish page 15 tonight. That
won't really affect the scheduling much. What WILL mess the schedule
up is my upcoming long sojourn to Florida. I'll be doing work, but
not getting much Kaiju Jugoruma work done. I certainly won't be
getting any completed KJ pages done. I leave for Florida on
Wednesday, and return on Monday afternoon. So, there's any Kaiju work
I get done tonight and Tuesday night and then it all has to wait
until next Monday afternoon. I have given myself an extra day off on
Tuesday to play a little catch-up before returning to the day job.
That's going to shift my output from a one page/three day average
to... three pages/10 day average. Surprisingly, that isn't all that
big a shift and it leaves me in a good position if I do another
blowout week like I did two weeks ago. Actually, it means I pretty
much HAVE to do another blowout week (six-seven pages in seven days)
just to stay at a one page/three day average.

Whoo! Okay, so that's something to look forward to. The REAL trick is
doing TWO blowout weeks after the trip to Florida. That would be some
serious cushion going into the holidays. Putting me just past the
halfway mark as I head into the New Year. But, to put it all into
perspective, it would also mean doing about as much work in two weeks
as I've done in a month and a half. It would be nice to see if I
could do it.

The next thing to look at is the Holidays. Holidays are the worst,
with all the shopping and the time spent. The more cushion, the
better. Of course, it's probably a good idea to knock those holidays
down to as few as possible. I'm sure there will be some sort of
Marcos Day and the Time, so that's one. Then there's shopping for
Christmas. If I can narrow that down to two days, I'm golden. And
then there's Christmas, a day I'd like to narrow down to one this
year. After that, the only concern I have is New Year's Eve. We'll
see if I have to do that or not.

It seems fair to say that the two weeks around Marcos' birthday and
Chrismas is going to be a bit of a mess. What would be awesome is if
the office gets the 24th off and the 21st is a half day. It's not on
the schedule yet, but a four-and-a-half-day weekend right there would
be the Boones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker