Friday, November 16, 2007

MAIL THIEVES?

Waiting for the last of the ink to dry on the next page so's I can go in with the eraser and a little bit of white paint.

So, I thought that my netflix might've been lost in the Oscar can that is my apartment, seeing as the site claimed to have shipped four dvds on Halloween. Two week is kinda ridiculous for them. I've only half-assedly searched for the dvds though, since I haven't really had time to watch movies.

Then, today, I found four dvds waiting for me in the hall (we've got mailmen averse to putting the mail actually IN the mailboxes here). I cracked'em open and found out the were not the four Grindhouse discs I was expecting. They were four discs of The Sweeney. Wha' hoppen? Did I misread my queue?

Nope. It appears that I returned the four Grindhouse dvds the other day. Rate Your Recent Return wanted to know what I thought of Deathtrap. There was no option for, "it was two weeks too long and three weeks short of the things I've generally come to expect from a movie." Somebody watched my movies and sent them back to netflix.

I can understand someone grabbing the wrong envelopes. I've done it. Even opening them without thinking. It happens. But at some point they must have realized something was amiss. Like when they didn't get the movies they requested. Or when they saw there were a different number of discs than they ordered (most people ARE on the 3-a-time plan). OR when they got the exact same movies a day or two later. At some point, my benefit of the doubt gets stretched to thin...

4 Comments:

Blogger Kenneth Belasco said...

First off, report your Mailman! That is serious bullshit. I wouldn't bother reporting it to Netflix as you probably should have when they were late (I'm assuming that there was a week long gap or longer.)

7:52 AM  
Blogger Justin J. Fox said...

Two weeks! But I'm slow on uptakes.

I'm not sure I want to report my mailman. That's like pissing off your waiter. Also, I be lazy.

Also also, they DID deliver a package to my actual door on a Sunday. That was cool.

No, I blame the neighbors. For they are a craven lot.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Kenneth Belasco said...

To bad you neighbors arn't cowardly and suspicious instead, then all you had to do is dress up your mail like a bat.

12:23 AM  
Blogger Justin J. Fox said...

I guess I'll tell Morgan Freeman to refrain from ordering a couple hundred ears then.

1:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker