Tuesday, December 04, 2007

KING ELVIS B. BACK

Hello, New Jersey! You sure are one cold mother fucker. Well, I guess you're not cold so much as damn windy. DAMN!

Spent the week in Florida, which was not hot at all (rainy for two days, Spring-like for the rest). I saw the folks and I ate some food (including grilled chicken breast, half in a chocolate/jalapeño/pablano mole sauce and half in a sesame/pumpkin seed/jalepeño/pablano mole sauce at a restaurant that made claims of "Since 703" — DAMN). I also watched a bunch of tv for extra brain killage.

I watched a few hours of Planet Earth, Project Runway, Beauty and the Geek, The Wire, and The Shield. I figured that it was about the eighth time I've watched those season 1 episodes of The Wire. I expected Planet Earth to be good, and it did not disappoint. The Shield was more of the same since I left it (these were the Forrest Whitaker episodes). Beauty and the Geek was, once again, better than it had any right to be (this one had a girl geek and and boy beauty!). Everyone always tells me that Project Runway is great, but I refused to believe. Then I watched it, and I now believe. It is great. It actually IS very talented people using their talents for the betterment of clothes everywhere. I do wish it focussed a little bit more on the boring things (like thought processes and construction), but they make up for it with Tim Gunn. I immediately fell in love with Tim Gunn and want to be him when I grow up and find pants that fit me right.

I got some work done. Wrote out the next ten pages of EMAW. Wrote out the short action piece. Did some planning on the GN. Scrapped the other thing I was thinking about.

Read Monster 11 and Tekkon Kinkreet. I wouldn't say this was the best issue of Monster, but the series has recovered nicely from a couple volumes ago that seemed to be promising a conclusion (this was before I realized there were going to be a total of 16 volumes). Tekkon Kinkreet was fantastic, but I want to write something a little bit longer about it.

Came back to the windy city yesterday and looked at the page that I had left unfinished last week. It took me until tonight to work on it again. My first reaction at seeing it was that I needed to scrap the whole page and start over. But a little more vacation time and I was ready to "make it work." Ahhhh, Tim Gunn. It's drying now, and it should be ready for Erasure when I finish this.

4 Comments:

Blogger Marcos Perez said...

dude! you are on my belated pulse.

i put project runway season 1 on my netflix and forgot about it. the first disc showed up unannounced last week and it was great. i got super-sick this weekend and went to target for drugs and found season 3 on sale and had a brain caking marathon.

I need to pay more attention to clothes in comics!

1:58 AM  
Blogger Marcos Perez said...

I also just watched first 4 eps of wire season 4!


call me box set buys for shorts!

2:00 AM  
Blogger Justin J. Fox said...

I was trying to decide if I would actually buy Project Runway. I knew I would definitely netflix it.

I'm concerned that I haven't given myself enough time to watch it all. I have a lot of work to to. A lot of work. And now I'm going on a very special field trip, designers!

2:07 AM  
Blogger Justin J. Fox said...

Also: ARGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I need to get The Wire Season 4!

ARGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

2:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker