Sunday, February 10, 2008

THE DIFFERENCE

The difference between a good album and a great album. If you share a beautiful moment with someone while a good album is playing in the background, you will treasure that album forever. If you listen to a great album, you can remember the wetness and thickness of her lips, the stiffness of her tongue, the fall of her hair, the fill of her flesh in your grip, the sadness and the laughter in her eyes — all without ever listening to that album with that person.

Anyway, I'm halfway through tonight's second bottle of wine, a 2006 Ménage à Trois (for my red California table), and I'm listening to Underworld's Dubnobasswithmyheadman. It's as cheesy as the sentiment above, and as evocative. And, like the sentiment above, it's far more powerful if you ignore the actual words unless, you know, you're in a place where you can laugh.

Whatever. It's Saturday night. I'm a little drunk. I'm listening to a great album. And I'm thinking of her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker