Thursday, July 31, 2008

SO CLOSE!

I almost got to Page 17 before the close of July! But I have to wait for the page to dry before I can erase the pencils and scan. STILL, I beat my goal like 18-year-old penis, hitting 16 when 15 would do. Anyway, page 17 is fun and harkens back to the project's origins. Although, it's less autobiographical. I need to get that autobio element fired up again. Soon. Once all the players are in place.
____________________________________

WIZARDS be weird. The best parts are those with the henchmen. The worst parts are the stills that get narrated for five minutes at a time. The whole thing felt like it was meant to be two or three times as long and it suffers a bit from an ending that happens because the movie says it does, rather than say anything satirical or make sense plotwise. I loved the Vaughan Bodé designs and the thick Marilyn Monroe Fairy with permanently erect nipples — surprise! The Richard the Lionhearted and Leni Rosenthal high-contrast rotoscoping was weird but effective.

Now I'm off to watch the bonus features, which I expect will be self-congratulatory and scathing toward critics!

2 Comments:

Blogger Aunt Bee said...

ah you do have a way with words don't you? nice simile.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Justin J. Fox said...

It's the one thing I'm good at. Sort of.

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker