Wednesday, December 23, 2009

DO YOU WANT PUNCH?

Ok. This made a lot of punch. Too much punch! Don't make this much punch. Make less.

The punch I made for Christmas:

Two cups (500 ml) Bourbon
Two cups (500 ml) Brandy
Two cups (500 ml) White Rum
Two cups (500 ml) Gin
One and a half cups (375 ml) Malbec
30 Dashes of Angustura Bitters
Two cups (500 ml) Orange Juice
Two cups (500 ml) Lemon Juice (freshly squeezed... took hours)
Two cups (500 ml) Lime Juice (freshly squeezed)
Five cups (2500 ml) Simple Syrup
6 oz Raspberries (muddled)
6 oz Blueberries (split)
8 oz Strawberries (sliced)
1 Granny Smith Apple (diced)
1 Pear (diced)
1 Pineapple (diced)

Mix all the alcohols and juices and fruits in a great big, giant bowl/pot. Cover. Let it sit overnight. Serve in glasses full of ice. Cut with club soda (if you're in my family and you think "it smells like alcohol!"). Garnish with a maraschino cherry.

If I did it all again, I might increase the parts per of simple syrup. Maybe reduce the malbec. I think it smells like raspberries, but what do I know?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker