Monday, January 29, 2007

34th and SECOND

Alright. 34 pages inked. And I'm about 2/3 of the way through 35. 4 & 1/3 pages to go.

It's kind of amazing really, as I've gotten most of the past four days work done today. Crankin'. It helps, I think that these pages had the sort of drawing that was going to lend itself to cruising on high.





I think the next chapter is going to be all closeup panels of people pulling cash from their pockets.

Ok, just to recount the past few days:

Thursday, fell behind when I couldn't get home.
Friday, I decided to weather-proof the windows. I didn't get what I wanted, and the kits I did get, took all night to install. And they installed crappily.
Saturday, I got the weather-proofing I DID want, and spent a good chunk of day putting that up. It's not perfect, but this apartment would probably be a good 10 degrees colder without it.
Saturday night was working, but it wasn't that productive. I had cramped my back up pretty bad doing all the weather-proofing and was trying to work though pain and out-of-shape-related exhaustion.
I really need to News Years up and get less slovenly for MoCCA.
Today, I slept in like there was no today. Then I ate and caffeined and ibuprofinned and got to serious work.

Re: other projects. I've decided to shelve my Blood Lock plans for the time being, as I'm actually having trouble focussing on anything other than Kaiju Jugoruma. I really want to nail this baby, and I can't be distracted. Hopefully, the cartooning will almost start looking the way I want it to by the end of this issue.

The music list continues and I've closed out the big esses with Swordfishtrombones. I really haven't listened to that album as much as, say, Raindogs. I realized tonight that it's because it isn't nearly as good an album. It's still the hots, but Raindogs murders it. And I'm now into Talking Book, part of my long-overdue reacquiantance with Stevie Wonder.

Oh, and I've started figuring out EMAW #9, chapter 4 of Kaiju Jugoruma. The main beats were supposed to be for chapter 2, but then chapter 1 turned into three chapters. That's ok. It's still book two.

Right now, the plan is for the remaining chapters to all come out as separate issues. Let's see how long that plan lasts. The plan is also to finish Kaiju Jugoruma by the end of the year. We'll see how many chapters I add between now and then, beefing the thing into the whirlwind of 2008. Especially since I'm not exactly sure how one of the main guys gets from where he is in Chapter 3 to where he needs to be next. That's going to require at least one more chapter. Probbaly Chapter 5, unless 4 turns out to be more than one chapter. Oy...

And now I have to transfer the past weeks scans onto my laptop for page building/touchups.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker