Friday, March 03, 2006

MUSIC SOOTHES THE SAVAGE BREASTS

NO Ghostface: Fishscales. DMAN you, magazine leadtimes! You get my hopes up, then you reach down my throat, rip out my heart...

I listened to Bulletproof Wallets and Supreme Clientelle to get my works up. You know, Wallets is very enjoyable. It's really very good. It's just a shame it gets overshadowed by the Wu what was ABSOLUTE GENIOUS. Clientelle. Liquid SWords. Return to the 36 Chambers. Tical. Cuban Linx. Nigga Please. Oh well. What are you going to do? How many times can you come up with a "Wu-Tang Clan and Iron Man" chorus?

I did get one thing one time. Talib Kweli's Right About Now: The Official Sucka Free Mix CD
Can SOMEBODY explain what these mixtapes is?
It's an album. Of Talib Kweli songs. Not demos, as far as I can tell. Not rough cuts. Not fpo production.
A fully produced, guest-star-laden official bootleg. That you can buy on iTunes.
I reallyreallyreallyreallyreally don't understand this.

Anyway. One listen in and it's pretty awesome. Kweli seems incredibly focussed on the moment and just explodes with social and cultural detail. There's three tracks that sound like Kanye West produced them, but everything I find online says it be others. Unfortunately, I haven't found any proper credits. Whatever. Listen to it and pretend Beautiful Struggle never happened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker