Monday, May 08, 2006

3 BUSINESS DAYS

This is three business days without blogger font in Safari at work. Argh! We're not supposed to use IE, and the formating goes out the window, but at least everything reads as english instead of @#$%^&*()(*&^%$!. It's incredibly annoying, but even more annoying is the fact that I only thought of it now.

Watched some movies, Donnie Darko (which I can't remember why it seemed so complicated the first time) and The War Within, which was pretty great. Also watched the second disc of Life As We Know It, that tv series with Ozzy Ozbourne's daughter, done by the guy who did Freaks and Geeks, which is still awesome. It's sad that the next disc is the last.

Reading The Push Man and Other Stories. Fantastic little comics poems on working-class men and the whores they shack up with. As much as I like these eight-pagers, the flopped art is actually bothering me. Yes, I'm turning into one of those people.

Feeling like I got kicked in the head with the pollen boot.

3 Comments:

Blogger Marcos Perez said...

i think that good manga proves that, if the artist knows what they're doing, reading backwards isn't much of a chore. They lead you through easily enough, and perhaps easier than it would be the other way around.

on the flipside not so good manga, is a chore to read unflopped, though it'd be difficult either way i gather.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Justin Fox said...

Well, Tatsumi is REALLY good, and I doubt I'd have a problem if I hadn't just done my manga assplosion. It's incredibly clear work, but I'm not gettin all culturally superior, lovin' the backwards reading.

It's mostly funny because Tomine explains the reason for the flopping is that comics are tough enough sell without the backwards reading, but the best-selling comics are those crizzy backwards manga.

Tomine — head in ass. However, I'm really glad he's helping to put these out, cause they're very good.

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker