Sunday, November 19, 2006

INKS DON

Inks for the first chapter are done! 15 pages, lots of arguments with Hands, Mother Nature and tools are behind me.

It looks like it's going to be black and white afterall. I was working colors, textured and not-textured, different palletes and various approaches. None of them worked. There's nothing intrinsically 'black & white' about the whole thing, but it just FEELS black & white. Even though I left a lot open for color, and was thinking color all along.

There's something about sci-fi in black & white that appeals to me. I don't know what it is. Today, I'll blame Stanley Kubrick and George Lucas, who made me fall in love with sci-fi in the first place, and who had strong black & white sensibilities one time.

Here's the inked page 15:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker