Monday, April 16, 2007

SLOW ACCRETION OF LINES

Adding more ink to the background panel. Trying to get it just right. Some spots are pretty much untouched, while others are still building. The hardest part is getting it so it reduces properly. This is going to print at about 3" wide, and I don't want the details lost. Also, the smaller it is, the harder it is going to be to convey depth. But hey, why should anything be easy?



Worked out all the figure placements and came upon the actual dialog for this page. While the majority of the book has dialog firmly loosely in place, my notes for the first two pages amounted to: "6 months ago, Somewhere deep in the 'Sprawl', 2, 4, 8, 12, exposition, then do it."

It's like my very own U2 song.

I had a feeling it would be easy to throw word down though. The scene features Erik and Sylvia from the first chapter in EMAW #8, and those two just have a wonderful inner life to them and a relationship that seems more nailed down every time I use them. I also wanted to hold off on writing their words here until I'd written the rest of the issue. It's a gambit that payed off, since I wasn't thinking about glaciers or human migration when I started writing this issue. But, now that I've written it, it might seem like I was thinking about them the whole time. Mwah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! Or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker