Friday, May 18, 2007

FIRST/LAST

Last week, over deepest dish, Marcos, Kenny and I talked about doing a web jam comic. I got very excited by the idea and immediately drew up an initial panel to start us off with. Then, the next day, we discussed our plans a bit more and the methods of the jam became different than I expected them to be. Considering my initial sketch, I decided that it wouldn't properly fit the parameters of what would become How Did This Happen?.

But, I still had this image, and the image kept calling out to me. So, I've decided to start up yet another side project, one I'll keep on this blog. Just a little something to do when I get distracted from the main book.

I'm calling it FIRST/LAST, for shorts. What I'm going to do is post the first panel of a comic tonight. Then, the next panel that I post is going to be the very last panel. The one after that will be the second panel. And then the next to last panel. Sew on, Soforth. Squeezing until I get to the golden spike at the center of it all. I have no clue what's in store or how point A is going to get to point B, but I'll be finding out — one panel at a time.

The idea is to work differently than I normally do. Give me an offbeat enough approach to make it feel like I'm fooling around while I might actually be getting something done.

Anyway, here's the first panel:

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Kenneth Belasco said...

cool!

7:15 AM  
Blogger Justin Fox said...

Thanks. I think I actually surprised myself.

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker