Tuesday, June 12, 2007

PREGNANT!

...with deeeeetail.

Page 18 is taking a lot longer to do than I thought it would. It's only two panels, and one is fairly simple. But the second? The second is going to be crazy and I really really really really hope it works. It's a crazy action scene of gun violence, kick violence and blood. Not my usual forte.

Anyway, I did a first pass with a 9H pencil to get the basic composition. Then it was ruler and 6H pencil time. Then I went in with the 6Bs for the figures. Then I went over that on a sheet of tracing vellum with a purple non-photo pencil. Then I went in with a non-photo blue for all the glass shards (they didn't photo).

I scanned it an blew it up big-times for YOU. Check it out:



Music for this? I decided to shelve the metal/post-rock/thrash/drone/noise/progressive/doom/death tunes for something truly violent:

Elton John's Greatest Hits. C'mon, who DOESN'T want to kick in a window and shoot lots of people when they hear Daniel or Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker