Monday, October 15, 2007

EMAW 10 COVER

Well, I was going to do a bunch of other things oday, but I wound up doing a lot more for the cover of issue 10 than I'd originally planned.

Here it is without the color:



I have listened to the new Radiohead (In Rainbows) several times. First listen: ok, but it ended before I started getting into it. Second time, the same. Third time: a lot of the songs seem to end before they really seem to start, carrying over to the whole album; also, are they reusing a lot of the same sonics from the last four albums? Fourth time: it's starting to grow on me. Perhaps one day, I'll like lit the way I've come to love Hail to the Thief or accept the greatness of Amnesiac. It's certainly not as immediately awesome as Kid A, OK Computer or the Bends. But it's miles better than Eraser.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The more I listen to it, I realize that it's just a teaser for the $80 discbox due in December. The songs are radio-short and a bit under-produced...but I really think it has potential. Reckoner, Videotape...hell, I kind of want a version where Faust ARP builds into Jigsaw. And I adore Weird Fishes. It seems very familiar, but I can't put my finger on it. Perhaps Radiohead influenced Coldplay, and was then in turn influenced by Coldplay. Wow, what a tragedy that would be.

8:50 PM  
Blogger Justin Fox said...

Radiohead: Masturbating through surrogates.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:21 AM  
Blogger Justin Fox said...

Get a room!

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker