Thursday, September 13, 2007

NEW LOGO

I've been following all the logo studies over at Todd Klein's blog, which has been pretty fascinating. It's also been timely, because I've been thinking about creating a new logo for issue 9. As happy as I am about the logo idea for issue 8, I decided that it treats all the information a little too evenly. Actually, I guess it really emphasizes the CHAPTERS 1-4 over everything else, buries the EARTH MINDS ARE WEAK in favor of KAIJU JUGORUMA (itself more diminished than I'd like).



Here's the new version:



I decided to retain the black band-vs.-white band motif, but decided to put everything together instead of letting it run all over the border. The KAIJU JUGORUMA was hand-drawn with a blue fine point sharpie (my fattest marker). I actually hand-drew the parts that are now fonts, but I decided that it made everything look a little too rough. Maybe now it looks a little too fonty, I don't know.

It's also going to make the art on the page a little more vertical, but I think the cover image will work well in that ratio (6.5" x 5").

For now, it is my sharpest of logos.

Okay, just the last page to do, one panel redo and the cover left to go. WHOO-HOO!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker