Friday, July 27, 2007

DRONK POSTING PAGE THIS ONE

So, I realized, for story-stucture purposes, that I needed to add a scene after the old page 23 — whatever that page is supposed to be now. The first page went smoothly enough, but the secon really and truly kicked my ass,

It was a week od drawing and redrwaing, followde by day of artistic" paralysis. I think it's finally done. It's hard to say, though. When youe hit a page like this, you start wondering, "Does this LOOK like I spent three days on this? Does it look like I spen FICVE days on this? Does it look like iI froze for aWEEK drawing this. THIS? Oh, well. Herre it is:




There's actually a lot going on heree f, for me, at least. A: it required a bit aof a stylistic shift. It' might nit be ammediately appearent, but there was a different way of thinking that went into this. ASLO, there was jst the angles. I;m not saying this right. But those worms eye views made me rewrite cetain synapes in my brain that I was clinging onto. Ever sincr then, I've lost a number of taken for granted motoer functions. It's too much to get into. But, even if the finaished product doesn'
t look impressive or oaalll that divergent,for MME, it was. For ME, it fucked my head up welll and good.

I hope it was worth it.

Now, where are my tethee ?

6 Comments:

Blogger Marcos Perez said...

thats wild!

i like the laughing dudes.

when is this coming to stores near me

11:54 AM  
Blogger Justin Fox said...

You should go to the Cliff Face Comics homepage, where it was revealed that you can expect the book in late August!

6:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

or...jush ush ure motoer functions to buy buy beer...

10:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

fox...how do i get my hands on your book?

10:02 AM  
Blogger Marcos Perez said...

i never go there!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Justin Fox said...

Rob:

Ie giev yu themm by hand wen I scee you. I hav othe stuff you for as well.

Anytime after the 15th!

Marcos:

I know! I'm trying to do it up more often.

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker