Saturday, February 09, 2008

EMAW 10 PAGE 27

So, even though February is the month of working on other things, I was regretting not getting any pages up on the board. I haven't even been able tick my 100 pages in 143 days chart all month, because none of the pages I've done for the other project are usable at all. And I've had a need to get a damn page done.

So, EMAW 10 Page 27. When I started this serial, I knew there would be times when I'd sacrifice storytelling for a beautiful image (or weak attempt at one) and times when I'd sacrifice beautiful images for storytelling, and I've come to accept the fact that I've sometimes sacrificed both just to move on. But there was also something else I've been trying to do since I started Kaiju Jugoruma, and I've never been able to put it into words.

I still can't. This page comes closest to doing what's been at the back of my mind since I started. This backdoor goal I've had that remains hidden even from myself. Some thing of comics I've been trying to get at. I'm not saying that this page IS that, just that, for all the page's faults, I think it is a step closer to BEING that. Or my getting there.

Or something.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker