Monday, March 06, 2006

I BUY THE PROSE

Bought two books of the traditional sort today. The Best Short Stories of JG Ballard and The Collected Fictions of Louis Borges.

I don't read a lot of prose fiction. Usually a couple books a year. I really don't read a lot of short fiction.

After watching "Crash" again (the good one, not the evil one that just won an Oscar), I decided that I should read more Ballard. It should be interesting to see how this book intersects with my life. I used to go to bars after work, carrying whatever book I was reading with me (note to singles: this is the absolute best way to meet people in bars). While in the middle of Crash, I met two women on vacation from Florida. One of them had had her hip and knee replaced after they and her femur had been shattered in a car accident. She also had huge breast implants and wore a lot of makeup in order to appear younger. She was like some kind of drunken cyborg. Really drunk. The evening came complete with plenty of pre- and post-vomitting makeouts, proceeded into a variety of bisexual proposals, then into a triangle of jealousy and ended with what must have been some sort of dodecahedron of jealousy.

I'm just glad I avoided getting into a car that night.

I've only read one story by Borges, supposedly one of the masters of short fiction, and I enjoyed it. I,m looking forward to sinking my eyes into more.

This is allfor pleasure and fiction research as I plunge into EMAW #7 soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stan said...

Welcome to the "Massage Article" Site. On this site we address many topics about massage that will
help you learn about the different types of massages and how they effect your body.Welcome to the "Massage" Site. On this site we address many topics that will
help you learn about the different types of massages and how they effect your body. http://yourebooksuperstore.com/massage

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker