Tuesday, April 25, 2006

BALLHAUS

Bettie Ballhaus. A german stripper/nude model. If that isn't the greatest name in the adult industry, then I don't know what is.

Just did a quick test with one of my panel templates. I picked a fairly dense panel and drew a real fast sketch with a Pilot G-2 07 pen on printer paper. No real line variation.

Don't worry, it's a crap image. It looks a lot better at 800 dpi, which is what I'll print at. This is 72 dpi, so there's a hella loss of information. But it's still there. And I figured I should put at least one image up once in a while. Or a sort-of image.

Drawn at 8" x 9" (the outside border measurements) which reduces to exactly 2" x 2.25". Perfection, thy name is computer. I basically wanted to make sure that my proportions were right (the Ballhaus Theorem) and I wanted to see just how thin I could go with the line (about standard pressure with that pen, which is just a little bit thinner than I can usually get with a #2 brush).

I also wanted to make sure that lines didn't close up too badly, which is why I picked a denser panel. I'm feeling pretty good about this.

I still have some more writing to do, but it looks like I'll be ready to go pretty soon.

6 Comments:

Blogger Marcos Perez said...

something i noticed when updating the tm page. bitmap looks like shit on the screen at 72. switching to grayscale than changing the resolution seems to work. just a tip, cuz that image got blottoed.

12:26 AM  
Blogger Justin J. Fox said...

Yeah. I fucked wit and saved the image already for my own purposes before I put it on blog.

Couldn't be bothered with rescanning cause the image is mostly for my own use. The printout is sharp, even if it looks like it was drawn from deep in my ass.

Went big and grey with the next thing!

1:05 AM  
Blogger Marcos Perez said...

you dont need to rescan. change the mode of the file then resize!

3:18 PM  
Blogger Justin J. Fox said...

I would need to rescan because the file was bitmapped then resized then dpied down then saved.

There's no original file left. If I just switched to greyscale, I'd still be missing all the information.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Justin J. Fox said...

Wait. Maybe you're right. I forgot that it printed fines.

It doesn't really matter, it's not worth fixing.

I'm moving on.

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice! I found a place where you can
make some nice extra cash secret shopping. Just go to the site below
and put in your zip to see what's available in your area.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker