Tuesday, April 25, 2006

BALLHAUS

Bettie Ballhaus. A german stripper/nude model. If that isn't the greatest name in the adult industry, then I don't know what is.

Just did a quick test with one of my panel templates. I picked a fairly dense panel and drew a real fast sketch with a Pilot G-2 07 pen on printer paper. No real line variation.

Don't worry, it's a crap image. It looks a lot better at 800 dpi, which is what I'll print at. This is 72 dpi, so there's a hella loss of information. But it's still there. And I figured I should put at least one image up once in a while. Or a sort-of image.

Drawn at 8" x 9" (the outside border measurements) which reduces to exactly 2" x 2.25". Perfection, thy name is computer. I basically wanted to make sure that my proportions were right (the Ballhaus Theorem) and I wanted to see just how thin I could go with the line (about standard pressure with that pen, which is just a little bit thinner than I can usually get with a #2 brush).

I also wanted to make sure that lines didn't close up too badly, which is why I picked a denser panel. I'm feeling pretty good about this.

I still have some more writing to do, but it looks like I'll be ready to go pretty soon.

4 Comments:

Blogger Marcos Perez said...

something i noticed when updating the tm page. bitmap looks like shit on the screen at 72. switching to grayscale than changing the resolution seems to work. just a tip, cuz that image got blottoed.

12:26 AM  
Blogger Marcos Perez said...

you dont need to rescan. change the mode of the file then resize!

3:18 PM  
Blogger Justin Fox said...

I would need to rescan because the file was bitmapped then resized then dpied down then saved.

There's no original file left. If I just switched to greyscale, I'd still be missing all the information.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Justin Fox said...

Wait. Maybe you're right. I forgot that it printed fines.

It doesn't really matter, it's not worth fixing.

I'm moving on.

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker