Sunday, March 12, 2006

LOST AND REMADE

So, I lost my original first draft pages of Kaiju Jugoruma. However, I hadn't gotten that far. And I remembered the jist of what went on. I'm now recreating those pages as I take a break from the computer, while listening to Café Tacuba's Un Viaje. A live album from last year I had no idea existed. It's strange listening to them perform live. But it's just strange enough to provide excellent background music for this work.

I'm glad I have the chance to redo these pages. Now that I know what was going into them, I can work certain things out with that knowledge. I love the discovery that comes during the writing, but putting that information in where it belongs, earlier, I leave room for new things to discover. Stuff I may not have found until the pencil stages. I'm able to play in the superdensity pond at a more formative stage.

I want to write more about this, but I'm supposed to be AWAY from the computer...

2 Comments:

Blogger Marcos Perez said...

kaiju jogurama is new emaw? excellence

11:38 AM  
Blogger Justin Fox said...

Yes. "Hindsight" wasn't going nowhere. It just stopped halfway through and wouldn't pick up its legs. I think I might incorporate that into this eventually. The Jesus project is still a ways away. Jugoruma is really starting to turn into something, after many false starts.

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker