Wednesday, March 08, 2006

THE RHYTHM, THE RHYTHM IS A DANCER

So, my art solution didn't work. I think I'll have to be content to let the dogs lie out. Will try something else tonight. I need to get into homestretch mode and finish this baby in the next two nights.

Continuing my refresher course in poetic rhythms today.

Reading more of the Ballard (Manhole 69—I think I finally know the title to the Suave Prospects gay epic and I'm in the middle of Chronoplolis). The ending of The Concentration City makes more sense in the context of these stories. That story ended impossibly on the same day the main character's ten-day journey began. In Manhole 69, three men undergo a medical experiment prolonging their day infinitely and get trapped inside one minute. Chronopolis takes place in a city without clocks, where it is ilegal to know the precise time. In Crash, part of the eroticism comes from the attempt to capture the feeling in that moment just before death and extend that feeling it into life. Time, time, time.

The visual component of EMAW #7 is shaping in my head. I hope I can transcribe it.

I'm starting to really enjoy the first season of Veronica Mars. I think we're at least halfway through the season. It took a long time for it to really click. There ae things I liked in the first 8-10 episodes, but the show was mostly a big mess. Still, I trusted the people that led me to The Wire and Battlestar Galactica. It's starting to really shape up.

The Unit is not the greatest thing evah(!!!), but it's enjoyable. Some great Mamet dialogue. Some actors I enjoy a lot. Hopefully, it will get a bit more engaging. "You, you and you: panic. The rest of you, come with me."

2 Comments:

Blogger Marcos Perez said...

you know what this is? the history of the world!

11:39 AM  
Blogger Justin Fox said...

Don't pont at your penis too often.

That line goes right into the lexicon. What has two thumbs and knows what this is?

The history of the world!

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker