Monday, April 03, 2006

MY FRIENDS ARE BETTER THAN ME

I'm not sure what I ever did to deserve the sort of friends I've made over the years. In fact, I'm pretty sure I've done very little.

Just to prove that my friend Carrie is more thoughtful than I'll ever be, today I found out that she sent me a birthday present. Not only is it an AWESOME gift, not only does it demonstrate that she knows me all too well, it's also more thoughtful than I've ever been to myself.

It's something I've wanted, it's something I love... it's the GAMERA DELUXE BOX SET.

The Gamera movies in the nineties were the greatest Kaiju films ever made (better than the original Gamera films, better than Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters, better than Godzilla: Final Wars, better than the original Mothra, better than the original Godzilla, better than whatever you think was the best Japanese Monster movie) and each is better than the last, culminating in Gamera: The Revenge of Iris—one of the greatest movies of all time (best Kaiju, one of the best horror, one of the best science fiction, one of the best comedies...).

I'm far more speachless than it appears. More important than the gift itself, is where it came from. A sweet, generous, loving person. Someone I miss a great deal and hope to see again soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marcos Perez said...

she says they'll be in sf friday.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Justin Fox said...

Whoo-Hoo! So will we!

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker