Thursday, November 01, 2007

EMAW 10 PAGE 5

16 panels! Super-density!




Man talk about some Mary Sue action. I show up TWICE on this page. Old Justin and New Justin. That's how we do.

Gran Patron is supposed to be the ultimate of Patrons. And Patron is like the ultimate of tequilas. The cheapest bottle I could find online was about $140. Five double shots is close to half a bottle. That's $70 dollars in shots at cost, before 100 years of inflation. Before bar markup. Now, I'm sure there are laws somewhere about doing shots of the stuff at all, it being a sipping tequila and all. But that's how the girls do.

In the backgrounds, there are other stories going on. In a bar, everyone is part of a different play. Also, there are ads for True Crime Stout and Estibrau, the beers of the future.

On paper, I was starting to worry that all the patterns and patrons were starting to obscure the compostions (such as they are), but I think they hold up ok here. Working this small and tight is good for strengthening the compostions. At least that's what I wish she'd said.

I shouldn't also point out that the whole point of this page was to do the bow-legged joke. It wasn't the point story-wise, but it was the grain of sand I rubbed in an oyster to make this pearl necklace.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kenneth Belasco said...

I've come back from the future to tell you there are three Justins in that page. THREE JUSTINS!
Mustache man is your future if you don't set back what is wrong. Booooooo! Wait i'm from the future, not a ghost. (Future sounds)

8:17 AM  
Blogger Kenneth Belasco said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:18 AM  
Blogger Justin Fox said...

RAMEKINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker