Tuesday, April 04, 2006

MUSIC ME STUPID, ITUNES BE STUPIDER

I was well into this post when someone in my office actually needed me to work. And I accidently quit out of Safari. I'm so dum.

Jists:

On Saturday night, I was watching The Bridge. They were doing classic underground hip hop anthem videos. As much fun as I had watching these (I had only seen Marley Marl's "The Symphony" before), I got very frustrated that many of these acts are still unavailable on itunes. What is up with that?

Despite the fact that these were "underground" videos, we're talking about Marley Marl, KMD, Organized Konfusion, Ultramagnetic MCs, Redman... it's a pretty loose definition of underground, by some standards. Certainly underheard. The two I most want to add to my collection are Organized Konfusion and Ultramagnetic MCs. Actually, I'd SO love to have those videos as well. They were the awesome. Itunes doesn't have them. The music, never mind the videos.

I've got my Pharoah Monche, my Prince Poe(try) and my Dr. Octagon on the cds, but I want my Organized Konfusion and Ultramagnetic MCs mp3s and I want them NOW! Also, Wu-Tang Forever. I'm tired of waiting.

I should see if they have Three Black Teenagers. They probably won't, but I've got too many friends that would love to have copies of "Tap the Bottle and Twist the Cap."

In other news, Soul Position has a new album out. I never got the first one, partially because that's a terrible name and partially because, I think, a negative review made me a little apathetic. If you ignore the first two paragraphs of this review, you'll be forgiven if you can't understand why it recieved such a low rating. The first two paragraphs are a pitchfork theme where they criticize rappers for criticizing the bling-bling crunk hoes money coke focus in mainstream hip hop. Whatever. I really like RjD2, and I think I owe it to myself to at least check it out... assuming I can find it.

Speaking of not finding, I forgot to ask Marcos for the new Flaming Lips. I hope it's goods.

New TEAR-STAINED MAKEUP pages. Check'im an' see.
Marcos has been keeping it real and gentle according to Silver Bullet Comicbooks.

Kenny be creezy updating
Awesome DVD news
Goldhander with paintings for APE
Paintings and stuffed toys for APE

2 Comments:

Blogger Marcos Perez said...

wu tang! forever is not on the store. either purchased in person or downloaded illegals, or taken from neil.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Justin Fox said...

I know it's not on the store. Neil is untrustworthy in such matter and far away. Need new illegal source.

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker