Friday, February 24, 2006

EVERYTHING OLD IS NUDE AGAIN

I somehow missed this great little look at an old Basil Wolverton comic. Dial B For Blog is a great source for silver/bronze-age comics and something I check out every day (except one day, apparently). I lovelovelovelovelove Basil Wolverton, one of the few conservative-leaning cartoonists of his age. While his adventure strips can seem a bit lackluster to an eye trained on a certain look, I can't imagine anyone not madly in love with his brilliant grotesqueries. He is probably the greatest monster/freak artist of all time.

Speaking about the reactions of people accustomed to (and appreciative of) only a narrow spectrum of comic-art stylings, Mr. Shawn Hoke reprints a great little article of his about early reactions to the comic that would eventually see print as Sammy Harkham's Crickets #1.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marcos Perez said...

i keep thinking it says everything gold is nude again

5:30 PM  
Blogger Justin Fox said...

When I review the opening of Goldfinger...

Did I ever tell you my idea for a Goldfinger song?

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker